- 2017.02.01Launched official Facebook page for Sangetsu Wallpaper Design Awards.NEW
- 2017.02.01Launched official website for Sangetsu Wallpaper Design Awards.NEW
Sangetsu provides interior decorating materials for various spaces, such as homes, commercial facilities, offices, hotels and medical care and welfare facilities in order to share with people the joy of designing spaces.
We do not just supply interior decorating materials. We design to bring joy and comfort to the space. This is the idea that underlies the role of the Sangetsu Corporation in the society, and we have strived to create a rich lifestyle and culture under the brand concept of the “Joy of Design.”
As part of our corporate activities, we are holding the “Sangetsu Wallpaper Design Awards” which is our first attempt.
Joy of Design
Offering the joy of design for people
to create new spaces
The joy of conceiving and creating an unprecedented commercial space or facility.
The joy of fulfilling the wishes for new lifestyle at a new home.
We are hoping to meet and make products from new wallpaper design concept that demonstrate a spatial effect.
We would love to see designs of products with beauty and functionality as well as designs imbued with fresh sensitivity, which enrich our spirit and living experience.
We invite you to work with Sangetsu to create the value of new designs.
We accept any kind of idea and design for wallpaper that is appropriate for a new, space of upcoming days.
* There is no limit to the number of entries.
The competition is available to all regardless of the company, organization, individual, group, age, gender, occupation and nationality.
Awards & Prize
Grand Prize(1 entry)1 million yen
Award for Excellence(1 entry)500,000 yen
Honorable Mention(3 entries)200,000 yen(for each winner)
- The winning entry of the Grand Prize will be developed into a product.
- The winner may be asked to participate in the product development meeting(s) during product development. The winner will be contacted separately with further details.
- Other entries that did not win the Grand Prize may be considered for product development. In this situation, further details will be communicated separately.
- During product development, the design may be adjusted due to the production method or due to standards, etc.
- Taxes such as income tax (withheld at the source) or special income tax for reconstruction shall be subtracted from the total prize money that is paid.
- There may be “No corresponding entry” for a particular prize. In addition, there may also be an additional award conferred, such as the “Judges’ Award.”
The winners will be requested to attend the award ceremony. Details are to be confirmed in due course.
- The winners will be requested to attend the award ceremony. Details are to be confirmed in due course.
Architect and CEO of the range design INC.
Graphic designer and CEO of 6D
Interior stylist, Laboratory office Mitsuko Kuroda
<Chairman of Judging Committee>
CEO of Sangetsu Corporation
- Relevance to theme
- Novelty and originality
- Design excellence and effective impact on space
- Consistency with concepts and ideas as a product proposal
- Realness and persuasiveness of proposed description
- Functional and figurative beauty as a product
Feb.1st (Wed) - Jun.30th (Fri), 2017
Must arrive no later than deadline
Announcement of Results
The results shall be announced on this website in the beginning of August, 2017.
The winner will be contacted directly by the office.
*No information about the judges’ review or results will be provided until the day of the announcement.
Send your entry to the following address.
301 Kanaya Hotel Mansion, 3-1-25 Nishiazabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0031
Attn: Sangetsu Wallpaper Design Award Office, Bamboo Media Co., Ltd.
Submissions should be completed with a set of following boards and entry sheet.
A. Design image – Presentation board
A2 size landscape (W 594 mm × H 420 mm) – Single sheet, one side
There are no restrictions for the mode of expression in the board. Express the design or pattern (CG or sketch) in full size.
- An illustration board (thickness – 1 mm or less) must be used for the presentation board.
- Please read thoroughly “Special Notes on Design”.
B. Installed image – Spatial image
A4 size landscape (W 297 mm × H 210 mm) – Single sheet, one side
Express a spatial image (perspective drawing or sketch, etc.) with the wallpaper.
C. Entry sheet
A4 size landscape (W 297 mm × H 210 mm) – Single sheet, one side
Download the entry sheet here.
Print out the downloaded entry sheet, fill out the requirements (including the design concept).
- Only entries in Japanese or English will be accepted.
How to submit
- ① Join a A3 size (portrait) illustration board to the right side of the presentation board［A］(A2 landscape).
- ② Affix the A4 size (landscape) Spatial image ［B］to the upper half of the A3 size (portrait) illustration board, and affix the A4 size (landscape) entry sheet ［C］to the lower half.
- ③ Fold the A3 size (portrait) board inward into an A2 size and submit it.
- Do not roll up or fold too small when submitting.
Special Notes on Design
- The wallpaper product is rolled up with a width of 92 cm. Excessive 3dimensional design is not allowed.
- When a specific material must be used, please note it in the entry sheet.
Rights and Regulations
- Entries must be applicant’s original pieces that have not been announced both domestically and internationally.
- Entries that have also been submitted in other contests or competitions shall not be accepted. In addition, the entry shall not be posted publically without the consent of the promoter.
- All rights of the winning entry, including intellectual property rights in Japan and in all countries around the world, shall belong to the promoter and the entry applicant shall not exercise moral rights. Compensation for those rights shall be fulfilled with prize money.
- As a general rule, the rights, such as intellectual property rights, for entries that did not win an award shall belong to the applicant. However, the rights related to exhibition or publication (excluding personal information about the entry applicant) shall be retained by the promoter.
- If the entries and submitted materials (illustrations or images used therein) infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party (including infringement after entry), any award conferred may be withdrawn even after the results have been announced.
- We take every possible measure for the management of entries submitted, however, the promoter shall not be liable in any way for damage or loss due to a disaster or other unforeseen accident.
- Entries shall not be returned. When necessary, make a copy beforehand.
- For minors, consent from a parent or guardian is required when receiving an award.
The personal information of the entry applicant shall be managed by Sangetsu Corporation and the Sangetsu Wallpaper Design Competition Office. The information shall only be used within the required scope to communicate for operations, provide news on related events and perform statistical processing.
Promoter: Sangetsu Corporation
Collaborator: Bamboo Media Co., Ltd.
<Click here to download the overview and the entry guidelines(PDF)>
Contact the Sangetsu Wallpaper Design Award Office
if you have any questions.